DEPTHS OF SIKHOTE-ALIN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY

+7
Star
Pavor
Stripe
Chance
Loup
Ember
Koa
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY Empty SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY

Post  Koa Tue May 19, 2015 9:13 pm

SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY
SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY Secretsofthevodopadnaya_zpsfedbpuu9
The Kiyevka River yields its last waters to the Sea of Japan, creating Kiyevka Bay. Those who travel this far are weary indeed, but will likely find prey in abundance here and will replenish their energy quickly. It is said that the great wanderer Nokar was the first to venture so far east towards the coast, and stood atop the highest point of the bay for a brief moment, so eager to find and mark out the next greatest landmark for the territory (which was natural for his hungry demeanor). His attention to the Bay, however short, marks the Bay as a place of great importance. Because of its distance from the den and heart of the territory (it is the farthest out of all the hunting grounds), those who hunt here must be cautious; a fatal bite or wound from a poisonous snake, bear or another animal may end up in one's untimely death. This reality makes it the most one of the most dangerous hunting grounds, with the hunting grounds of Sopka Sestra leading the way.

PREY: MANCHURIAN HARE, MOUNTAIN HARE, MUSK DEER, OTTER, RED SQUIRREL, ROE DEER, YELLOW-THROATED MARTEN
PREDATORS: AMUR TIGER (ill), BROWN BEAR, HIMALAYAN BLACK BEAR, LYNX (non-threat), USSURI MAMUSHI (poisonous snake if bitten)

Last edited by Koa on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

https://wolvesofsikhotealin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY Empty Re: SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY

Post  Ember Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 am

Ahh... the river. It may not be the area which I called home, and it may empty into the bay, but it is still part of the river. I scent the air, as I know areas like this one are bound to be full of prey and predators. I scent no predators, but I can smell the fresh scent of a rabbit. I track it down, finding it in a bush. I pounce, killing it imminently. After I eat it, I a den the air, and I scent a bear. It is a ways away, but I should still leave. I don't really know where I'm going this time, but that's okay. I can manage. I've liberalize for years, now I can be alone for hours. I hear the distant sound of waterfalls. May as well go there.

Heading to Star Of Primoyre.
Ember
Ember
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:41 am

As she walked into the bay the scent of tiger surrounded her. She walked through the undergrowth not making a sound. She then sniffs the air again, she had a weird feeling and a strange sound was in the far distance. The smell was familiar but she couldn't quite work out exactly what it was, it smelt a little Canine like but anything that's been near a Canine would smell like that. It was so far away she didn't worry to much but the large black female kept aware. Her ears always scanning the area, her nose constantly going. She looked like a sniffer dog that was searching for money, so alert that she may have even made herself feel weird.
She looked towards Stripe who was leading us away and looked slightly worried, trying to get my point across that we must stop here. The tiger was not that far off, to close if it was able to move. "Stop." she said, "We will be too close." Before looking to Stripe again. He would recognise that her nose and ears going mental meant she was worried. Everything around her was weird. A weird smell, a weird sound, a weird taste in the air. She then sat refusing too move she would of howled but then it'd startle the tiger and whatever else there was here. "Chance," she said quietly before whipping her head to either side to check nothing was around them, "Something's not right." Lupa now looked just as bad as when they walked through the woods to get here but with worry mixed in, "I can hear strange sounds and a Canine like smell but any animal that's been near one will smell Canine like. A weird feeling is in the air, can't you sense it?" she asked now getting more worried. The noises and smells were a little closer now. Another familiar smell came in, this time she had no idea as to what it was....

[I kind of introduced the dogs if that's alright, Loup? Someone's got to feel weird I just made it so I didn't know what it was.]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:53 am

Loup trotted out of the brush and into an open field of grass. It stretched out all the way to a shinning expanse of water, dotted with only a few sparse trees. Under the sounds of birds and wind and rustling vegetation was an endless rhythm of whoosh... splash... The sea. Loup lifted her nose and inhaled the salty scent with pleasure. The breeze coming off the water was the first truly smoke free air she'd tasted in a long time. Behind them columns of the foul stuff was still blotting out the sky, turning the light of the sun blood red. It was a beautiful but creepy scene. Loup lay down like a sphinx and watched the landscape in front of her turn crimson.

Nearby, Lupa was acting weird. Loup had expected the confident wolf to immediately go bounding off to find the tiger, but instead she was looking around like she expected a monster to leap at her. Yes, it was unnerving to be so close to a tiger, but surely that shouldn't have thrown off the brave female. After all, they hadn't come here to fight. Yet Lupa was still fidgeting and staying close to Chance–almost as if for backup.

"Something's not right. I can hear strange sounds and a Canine like smell but any animal that's been near one will smell Canine like. A weird feeling is in the air, can't you sense it?" The black wolf was saying. Loup blinked in mild surprise.
"You mean the dogs? Yeah, they're back that way." Loup nodded to the south. She'd sensed them the instant she'd come out of the smoke–clumsy creatures that they were. The wolf's feelings about dogs could be summed up in one word: scorn. Everything a wolf was, they were less. She hadn't even bothered to consider them until just now. Still, Lupa's unease reminded her that a pack of dogs just might be a match for two wounded wolves. With that in mind she added,
"We can keep tabs on them, but I've only experienced them as nuisances. They might scare the tiger off, but that's all I think."
Loup scented the wind again. The dogs were a bit closer, but so what? Even so, she stood up again. One by one the others–including a new wolf who had joined them after the fire–started to appear from the brush.

[That's okay Lupa, but let's leave it at that until some more people show up. I don't want anyone left out so let's get most/if not all of the group together before we really start dealing with it.]
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:12 am

Lupa loved the ocean, and wanted to go and see the tiger soon. But with the pack of dogs around she was wary. This could mean humans, dogs were controlled by humans right?
"You mean the dogs? Yeah, they're back that way." the Hunter said, she acted a little to cocky, dogs may not be a threat, they weren't and they didn't worry Lupa. It was the possibility of humans. Hunters. Gunshots.
"It's not the dogs I'm worried about." the brave female said, "They're no match for us. Me and Chance alone could take on a few dogs, with our injuries. It's what may come next." she says with a hint. She looks stern now, not being frightened but annoyed at Loup slightly. She seems unaware of what dogs can mean. Has she never encountered dogs before? the black female asked herself.
"We can keep tabs on them, but I've only experienced them as nuisances. They might scare the tiger off, but that's all I think." Lupa's expression now changed to a surprised one, "I don't think you've experienced dogs enough..." she says feeling strange, a nuisance, that's it? she thinks to herself, More like a warning.
She then decided to add, "No one is to howl. At all. Until we leave, for various reasons. One being the tiger."
She wasn't going to let them give out a clue to the dogs as to where they are only if they were with humans.

[Yeah, I just thought maybe a little trigger like last time? We'll wait until everyones asleep to bring forth the dogs!]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Star emerged out of the bushes, she rolled around in the sand, and breathed the clean air, smelling a strange scent. Probably nothing. She stopped rolling and looked at the devastation the fire had caused behind her.

She heard Loup and Lupa talking and decided to investigate.
"It's not the dogs I'm worried about. They're no match for us. Me and Chance alone could take on a few dogs, with our injuries. It's what may come next." Lupa spoke up. Dogs. Was that what Star smelled?

"We can keep tabs on them, but I've only experienced them as nuisances. They might scare the tiger off, but that's all I think." Loup replied to Lupa. Loup didn't seem worried by this fact at all. Dogs meant people, people meant guns.

"I don't think you've experienced dogs enough..." she then added. "No one is to howl. At all. Until we leave, for various reasons. One being the tiger."

Star nodded her head, showing she understood.
"For now we'll just leave them for now and hope they pass. So where's the tiger?" Star said, then sat down and waited for an answer.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:04 pm

As Star arrived Lupa's ears perked up, another safe wolf.
"Where is the tiger?" Lupa heard the white female say and replied, "North, towards the sea. That's where the freshest scent is anyway."
Lupa looks around before addressing the other part of her speech, "Yes, hopefully they'll pass."
Lupa had a feeling Star also knew what she was thinking, her expression showed it all. She knew there was something wrong along with this area and wanted to get everything over with as soon as possible, "Let's sleep for a few hours. I'm not tired but I'll rest. It's for the best we sleep." she looked back at the flames. So many questions for them, she wanted to go back and look at them again, but what if they told another story? The flames could not be wrong, she turned and walked towards them, seeming unaware of the other wolves.
This time the flames showed another story, a group of people and seven dogs were walking through a burning forest. They sleep and camp while the sun is still up. She remembered this, it happened while she was a lone wolf, there Lupa was alone in the darkness. She had seen the hunters by this point and hidden herself away, never seeing them again.
Her past was being told gradually by these flames, they were reminders of her horrible past. Everywhere they seemed to be, the fire, the dogs, the pack. She walked back looking more troubled than ever, now sitting a bit further away from Chance, looking to the ground trying to work out what the flames were telling her.

[Don't worry not seeing the future with flames, just a flashback. I didn't know what to make a flashback of but this came into my head.]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:46 pm

The fawn had given Chance more strength than expected- well, that or the will to find the tiger fueled him. The bay was absolutely beautiful, definitely a sight for smoke glazed eyes. His nostrils hungrily inhaled the sweet, fresh air, and he let out a relaxed sigh. However, bickering from the infamous head-butters flared up, and Chance drooped his shoulders. He listened half-heartedly, surely it was another display of the two wolves trying to 'out wolf' the other.

His head swung around to show his interest at the mention of the tiger. Lupa answered Star's wonderings of the tiger's whereabouts, of course she would. This wolf would do anything to prove her worth, by either leading any sort of patrol or offering knowledge to any subject. Chance was more of a subtle wolf. Wise, yes, he definitely had been around the block a time or two, and had plenty of knowledge to distribute- but he didn't always offer it up on the first notion. He enjoyed watching wolves come together to solve an issue, and he definitely loved witnessing wolves experience things for the first time. However if the need arose, Chance would spill his brain without hesitation. "Wild dogs are often just nuisances. Like coyotes. However a pack of them lead by humans may grow to be an issue." He commented on the dog conversation, trying to serve as a neutral player in the debate by agreeing to both sides.

"We'll know they're here before they'll know about us, so we'll be prepared. And yes, sleep sounds awesome." He yawned as he talked about sleep, and he snapped his jaws together quickly in hopes to prevent a yawn-train from happening. He chuckled at the thought of causing a ripple effect of yawns before settling down closer to the group. "It'll get cold tonight, please no one stray too far." He warned before letting his head rest on his paws.
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:28 am

SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY 2vaebu0
- From Vodopadnaya's Place of Mirrors

Ghost trailed along behind the others, still keeping her thoughts to herself. She gazed around as they walked and admired the beauty of the bay. Taking a deep breath she took in the lovely scent of the water and suppressed a sigh of content. She'd never felt more at home than she did when she was around water. Rivers were nice but she loved lakes more than anything. With a quick shake of her head she brought herself back to the current situation.

When she finally returned her attention to the group, the two she had follow plus two more that must have left before she arrived, they were discussing humans and dogs. Ghost's head tilted slightly at their conversation. She hadn't ever encountered humans but she had heard some of the members, the ones that had joined them as dispersals, of her birth pack talk about them and, while they did sound dangerous, they didn't sound like they could travel as well as the wolves could. It seemed like it wouldn't be much of a hassle to avoid them and still complete their mission of observing the tiger. Still, she kept this to herself and waited to see what the others suggested.

(( Lupa, Ghost went through the river twice. Any scent of Koa on her would have been washed off before she reached the group. ))

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
Ghost
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:28 am

As more wolves entered the bay it made Lupa feeling better, they were safe. Her protective instinct was not to nanny them and baby sit but to ensure that they did not come to harm without them knowing. As Chance spoke Lupa's ears once again perked up she loved input from the pack but at the time of the fire she needed to act fast. "Wild dogs are often nuisances, like coyotes. However a pack of dogs led by humans may grow to be an issue." the male said, he was defiantly correct, but these dogs weren't wild. She sniffed the air again locating them. "They're still South but they have moved further away." she said to them, trying to ease her worry as well as any other worrynthe others may have.

"We'll know about them before they know about us so we'll be prepared" he also said, Lupa nodded and carried on listening, "and yes sleep sounds awesome." this makes Lupa chuckle but them Chance yawns. Oh no, contagious yawns! she tells herself, Don't yawn, you don't need to yawn! she can't hold back any longer, her mouth opens wide and she dips her front stretching out her back. Before walking to a place just on the outskirts of the group under a large tree, "It is a cold night, so please no one stray to far." Chance said before laying his head down, Lupa always went on a stroll so she would but not to far, just to inspect her surroundings and think about her family.

[Ghost, oh right I didn't know you went through the river twice.]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:19 am

"North, towards the sea. That's where the freshest scent is anyway. Yes, hopefully they'll pass. Let's sleep for a few hours. I'm not tired but I'll rest. It's for the best we sleep." Lupa answered Star's question. Sleep, she was getting quite tired, the rest would benefit everyone.

Chance first yawned, followed by Lupa. Star couldn't help but join the yawn train and opened her mouth wide and let out a huge yawn.
"It is a cold night, so please no one stray to far." Chance said laying down. She decided to go lay down there, but she wasn't sure if he'd feel awkward if she was to lay down right beside him, so she layed down a couple of inches away. She closed her eyes and drifted to sleep, still fearing about the dogs.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:52 am

As Star lay down Lupa silently got up and sniffed the air. The dogs were pretty much gone now, she was now happy. The black female looked up to the sky, smoke continued to bellow from the forest, perfect she thought to herself. She stretched out her limbs and walked slowly past the wolves. A stick cracks as she walks between where Loup and Chance were lying, so she darts off. "Doesn't matter if they wake, I'll be fine." she says to herself out loud. No one was really going to notice. She trotted out from their resting place, toward the sea but not the tiger. As she reached the area to which the land ended she sat down looking out to the ocean.

Lupa let's out a small whine before walking toward to the water, she wanted to swim but the other wolves might object. Who cares? Just do it! she thinks to herself, it wasn't exactly dangerous. The female walked into the shallow water getting all her body into it, the cool feel around her paws was quite soothing, although she'd felt that nearly all day. As she walked further into the water she stops, should she go further? Lupa did, her whole front end was now submerged and her back end only just touching the ground, she was metres away from the shore now. Not being frightened at all, she pushed off and began to swim around. Staying close to the bay, fish were swimming round her feet and it tickled quite a bit. She then started to laugh, remembering her old self. Her and Stripe used to do this all the time, in the sea near their den. Those were great times. Lupa stopped laughing and carried on swimming, leg after leg, stride after stride she pushed through the water. Swimming in circles around the shoreline. Lupa wanted another wolf to join her but wouldn't pull any attention to herself.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Stripe Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:05 am

As Stripe emerges from the bay he hears the wolves talk about dogs, Chance being neutral obviously having a lot of experience, Lupa with a lot of experience was worried about humans and Loup seemed to have not experienced dogs much as he'd never had them with humans. Stripe just remained silent, until the yawn train started. A large yawn came from his mouth, it was quite loud too, oops....
Stripe lay down away from Lupa, she normally slept alone. He did not say a word. As he closed his eyes the male began dreaming off hunting a rabbit, There it was, sitting on the ground. He pounced catching it and reached forward to eat when... CRACK! What was that? he lifted his head, to see Lupa dash off. I'll follow from a distance, but I think Loup or Chance should try and talk to her, she's upset. he thinks to himself, Loup and Chance were sleeping so he decided not to and followed Lupa.
"Doesn't matter if the wake, I'll be fine." the black female said, she may be fine but not mentally, Stripe could tell she was down. He needed to know what.

They arrived at the end of the land and Lupa sat whining before going off to swim. She took a while getting in but then she seemed happy. Stripe watched her from a distance before walking toward the water, "Lupa what's wrong?" he says with a huff. His younger playful days were now coming back, they used to swim all the time. He dashed into the water making a huge racket but dived on Lupa. SPLASH!
That was loud.... he thought to himself before swimming away from the female, she was stronger than him so he was quite wary.

Stripe

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavor Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Pavor made her way through and wanted to put her thoughts in on the dogs, but she thought better of it. She yawned, just as they all had, and laid down, not far from the others. Her eyes opened as she watched Lupa and Stripe, was that his name, head out to swim. She closed her eyes and waited for sleep to come. And it did.

She was dreaming. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't pleasant either. It was mostly bad. She was alone once more and she hadn't run into the others or Koa, and she was face to face with a tiger. She was frozen with terror and she didn't know how to fight. The striped beast was out to get her, and she had no idea how to survive. The beast lunged and her eyes opened. It had only been a few minutes. so she took to laying there and concentrating on breathing. Her amber eyes were on the move now, looking for danger, as she laid on her side, legs stretched out in front of her.
Pavor
Pavor
GREEN Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Lupa flinched as Stripe leaped on her, she nipped gently at his chest, "Why did you follow me?" she snapped. She was sort of happy he came...
"Lupa, what's wrong?" he asked her, the black female hardly knew how to tell him and didn't want to anyway so replied with, "It doesn't matter, you don't want to know. Just feel like asking." she then thought it was a bit harsh to say to her brother so added, "I just don't feel like talking to anyone." in a calm tone before swimming out and dashing back to the tree full area and lay down in the bush she was in, keeping her distance once again with the pack. She didn't want to talk to anyone right now, no one would listen to her. They'd think she was going crazy, no one really thought flames could tell stories. She smelt of sea water and salt, not really pleasant to the other so tried not to walk to close.
As Pavor lunged Lupa leaped up, "What," she asked, before sniffing the area, "there's nothing, just a nightmare?" she asked the female before laying back down, head up and ear pricked. She then began whipping her head side to side checking for danger before lowering it to her front paws.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Star was haunted every night in her sleep. She kept having nightmares since the day of the attack. Orange and black beasts came, her family gone. She was just running. She ran from threats the rest of her life, too scared to face the same consequences as the rest of her family. She didn't know why she actually attacked the bear. Well she knew in her mind it was to protect her friends. Yes, Star had just met them. But they were the only people that was friendly towards her.

She heard a stick snap and looked up and saw Lupa.
"Doesn't matter if they wake, I'll be fine."
She then her Stripe wake up as well and followed Lupa. Star first observed them get into the water and then swim around then talk. She decided not to listen, since it was none of her business. She saw another wolf Pavor, I think was her name wake up out of breath.Star got up and quietly sat down beside her.
"You alright?"
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:53 pm

{ I'm going to go ahead and make it morning. I think it's time to get stuff moving. }

Chance's fur prickled with annoyance as he felt the presence of Lupa disappear. He could not tell what direction she went, but he could feel the absence and weird, dead silence of her departure. Why doesn't she just listen to anyone? The male thought as he forced his eyes to open. He sleepily lifted his head, and upon doing so every muscle in his body screamed for him to close his eyes and sleep- but a pack mate's well being was more important than his sleep. He squinted in the dark, trying to see if perhaps he could catch the flick of her tail disappearing somewhere, but instead he found the frame of another wolf moving off. He growled lowly to himself, if these wolves wanted to freeze and be exhausted in the morning, so be it. However, the brute lumbered to his paws and let them carry his sleep-deprived body over to where he saw the wolf disappear. He would not pursue, but he would be around in case he sensed danger.

Almost nodding off, rustling in the distance immediately shook the male from his almost-sleep. His ears swiveled to stand alert, flicking at ever sound they caught. Soon enough, he saw the large frame of Lupa pass by him, followed by another wider frame- definitely male, most likely the one who followed her to wherever she ventured off too. He narrowed his eyes, watching as they came back being ever so quiet and settling like nothing ever happened. Chance opened his maw to speak, but he was cut off as Pavor jolted awake, and Lupa of course was there to answer. Soon another voice spoke up, and he immediately recognized it to belong to Star. He sighed, and carried himself over to Lupa. The tall male folded his legs and laid beside the female, making sure that their pelts contacted each other. "It is time to sleep. No more wandering off, understood?" He said lowly, cutting his voice at all wolves that were awake. "Pavor, Star, Stripe. Please, come receive and provide body heat. Russia is deadly at night." He instructed before tucking his tail closer and resting his head. Night would pass soon, he only hoped he and the others would be well rested enough.

--------

The morning's earliest rays washed over the small group of wolves. Drops of sunlight clung to each hair, warming the night's brutal cold. Chance's pale blue-grey eyes fluttered open, but immediately squeezed close. The morning rays weren't as welcoming to sleepy eyes as it was to cold fur. The male stretched his jaws opened wide in a yawn, and he clumsily arose to his aching paws. They were sore from yesterday's journey, but over-all Chance was feeling much better than he did yesterday. He was the first to rise, which came as a surprise to him, and looking over each of his packmate's peaceful, sleeping faces almost made Chance curl back into a warm ball and visit dreamland once again. However, there was an important mission at stake- they could sleep once they had accomplished their task.

"Rise and shine everyone! Who's hungry?" He spoke up, bearing a cheerful grin and offering a warm chuckle. No need in showing his weariness, a happy morning wolf was a much better motivator than a grumpy one. "Loup, shall you lead a quick hunting trip? Perhaps a few hares and squirrels to get us moving quickly?" He suggested. Food was important, but the wolves had spent enough time in this location. Upon not hearing a response, it was then that Chance realized Loup wasn't even among them. Loup??

Last edited by Chance on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made it fit Loup's post a bit better xD)
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:07 pm

[Hey sorry for my late response. I'm starting the dog event now... lets let it go for a day or two if we can manage. Cheers!]
[Oops, you posted right before me Chance. Sorry! I edited a bit... hope it fits.]
Loup panted lightly, unable to sleep. What was wrong with her? She could always sleep. It was humid–at least for this terrain–but that rarely bothered her. Pouring or beating sun, Loup was happy to relax. Except now. She rubbed her jaw in the cool earth; trying to scratch an itch she didn't really have. Bugs clicked in the grass. Moonlight glinted on the ever-changing surface of the sea. Far off a dog barked. It was a pet, not one of the bigger ones they had smelled earlier. Loup swiveled her dark brown ears towards the sound, then back. She tried to catch the passing yawn but a deeper unrest prevented her from doing so. The female shifted. She lay down, rolled onto her side, sat up. Saliva pooled in her mouth, forcing her to stop panting and swallow. In that moment without her breath Loup could here the soft sounds of unrest coming from her packmates.

Chance was patiently trying to gather the wanderers, but after him the peace ended. Pavor was whimpering and flinching in her sleep. She gave a sharp cry and opened her eyes, staring into space. Her sides were still heaving from whatever she had been fleeing in her dreams. Star also jerked awake from foul dreams, then slunk over to the other caretaker's side. Comfort in company. Loup was a bit jealous. Further away there was splashing–Lupa and Stripe in the water. The black female broke free of the waves and sprinted back to the edge of the trees. Loup traced the female's movement with her eyes, then closed them. She sighed, squirmed, then got up. I can't stand it any more. she thought. She wanted to win the pack's approval, but staying would drive her nuts. Besides, it looked like they had gone back to sleep.

Loup slunk into the bushes. She didn't like this place. The tiger must have been getting into their heads, because no one was right tonight. Not even her. She couldn't nail what was bothering her and that was worse than having nightmares. At least with those your pursuer can be seen. Loup would have rather been torn open than have an emotion she couldn't understand. The wolf growled under her breath.

Suddenly two scents raced across her muzzle. One was rank and heavy. The other was sweet and dusty. Loup's soft growl turned into a full blown snarl. Another canine voice answered her's. Loup lowered her head–guarding her throat from attack–and turned to the hound. It was red and black. Big, but still about ten pounds lighter than her. Loup bared her teeth. In one smooth motion she lunged for it, knocking the animal over and sinking her teeth into the silky fur of its ear. A wide paw struck her in the chest, shoving her backwards, but Loup returned. Its teeth grazed her muzzle but the wolf merely closed her jaw over its foreleg and crunched. The dog squealed as her fangs dug into muscle. Loup might have killed it–she certainly wanted to–but as she twisted her mouth over the dog's leg something caught her attention. Two golden-green eyes were staring at her from the bushes. That rank smell returned, overwhelming the dog's presence. Loup felt her fur bristle. Forgetting about the fight, she bolted from that place as if every monster in every dream were following her.

"Wake up!!!!" she gasped in a loud whisper. The sun was rising, but Chance was the only one conscious so far. Loup knew the scent of tiger and dog must be covering her. The brown wolf's legs were trembling with adrenaline from the shock. Only one thought lay in her mind at that moment. Who is watching who?
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:51 pm

{ That's okay Loup, I edited the end of my post to run a bit more smoothly with yours. xD }

"Wake Up!" So much for Chance's easy approach. The alarm from Loup echoed off everything around them, sending a rush through his body. Her eyes were blazing with a bewildered glint, and the way her paws pounded the ground as she pushed herself to the group immediately told Chance that something wasn't right. She came to a halt, her body trembled and Chance immediately looked her over, checking her flanks, chest, and legs for signs of injury. Upon doing so, the rancid stench of dog radiated off her pelt and slapped his senses, causing his nose to wrinkle and his head to jerk back. "Dogs! They're here."  Realization washed over his whole body, these must not be ordinary dogs the way they have Loup riled up.

"It's alright Loup, how many were there? Do we have time to avoid an unnecessary scuffle or do we need to attack?" He asked her, locking eyes with the shocked female. He made sure to speak has calmly as manageable, Loup needed to be calmed before anything she said or did would be rational.
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Lupa, Stripe and Chance came over.
"Pavor, Star, Stripe. Please, come receive and provide body heat. Russia is deadly at night." Chance down, and Star layed close to him. The heat was quite nice, way better than being alone.

It was morning the next time she had openned her eyes. Her nightmares had ccome again, but she was use to it by now. She was still tired, and wanted to just sleep more, but her nightmares wouldn't allow it, so she just decided to lay there.

"Rise and shine everyone! Who's hungry?Loup, shall you lead a quick hunting trip? Perhaps a few hares and squirrels to get us moving quickly?" Chance greeted us. Star waited for Loup's reply, but there was none Star got a bit worried and looked around for any sign of the female.

"Wake up!" Loup came running through the trees.
"Dogs! They're here." Chance barked out. He then started asking questions. I ran over. "Werethere any humans?"
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:23 am

As Chance lay next to Lupa she jolted slightly, the black female normally slept alone, no one really liked her. She only went off a few metres to the bay, not to far. She didn't understand what was wrong with that. "It's time to sleep, no more wandering off, understood?" the brown male said, Lupa had no choice in the matter, he was fur to fur with her and if she did move then he'd know, "Okay..." she said with a slight feel of sadness come across her, but also knowingly she pronounced herself, she knew Chance was worried, so she didn't want him to get anymore worried. Lupa was not tired so just lay there with her head up all night. A few bugs and rabbits hopped by, the bugs were making noises all night.

---------

She watched Loup leave as the sun rose, she got up and stretched as Chance began to speak. She wasn't focused on him all she heard was, Hungry, hunting, squirrels, moving." then suddenly, two scents came by. Human. She then walked forward silently, "Wake up!" Loup said.
"Dogs! They're here." Chance said quickly before Lupa had a chance. Lupa replied to the male, "They're not alone, I smell a human." Chance kept going on, "How many were there? Do we have time to avoid an unessicary scuffle or do we need to attack?"
As he spoke so many things were going on in her head, Don't know, attack? How? If we run we are easy targets, I have a plan! Lupa then said, "I have a plan, we cannot beat a human with brute force alone, but we can beat it using our cunning. Surround him, look as though we'll attack him but dive for his gun. Someone gently bite his head so he realises and I'll pull the gun out, throw it into the ocean and we can all run. If you want to kill him you may, but that will bring more hunters, a missing person... But so would him returning and blabing. So killing may be better. People may not know he's gone, only one of him and one dog, not much so I am not sure whether to kill or not, up to you guys." she then looked at everyone to see if they agree or not. Wolves have another thing over other Canines, cunning.

Last edited by Lupa on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:45 am

[Thank you Chance Wink]
[Lupa I am just a little hesitant to include a human to that detail... It seems like a big push for our semi-realistic roleplay. Let's keep it at a minimum for a bit while I check with Koa. If she gives an okay, then we can go ahead with your plan. Deal?]

"It's alright Loup, how many were there? Do we have time to avoid an unnecessary scuffle or do we need to attack?"
"Were there any humans?"
"I have a plan, we cannot beat a human with brute force alone, but we can beat it using our cunning. Surround him, look as though we'll attack him but dive for his gun. Someone gently bite his head so he realises and I'll pull the gun out, throw it into the ocean and we can all run. If you want to kill him you may, but that will bring more hunters, a missing person... But so would him returning and blabing. So killing may be better. People may not know he's gone, only one of him and one dog, not much so I am not sure whether to kill or not, up to you guys."

Her arrival triggered a scuffle of movement and worry. It spooked her momentarily–having all those words launched at her–but she forced herself to take a deep breath. Loup addressed Chance first, partly because he had spoken first and partly because he was the calmest.
"One, but I smelled a few others on the run back. I think their human camped for the night and they got loose. We don't have to fight yet. Better if we didn't. The dogs must have found the tiger's scent and chased it back down here. I don't know where the tiger is–it probably left after I distracted the dogs. No humans," she glanced at Star. "But they are bound to wake up and go looking for the missing dogs." Lupa's proposition still loomed.  Loup had no idea how to deal with it. She didn't know a whole lot about humans–other than the fact they could rarely control their dogs–but she still considered them almost as dangerous as tigers. "I don't think we should attack the human unless cornered, but it may come to more than that. I don't know. For now let's focus on the dogs. If the tiger leaves then we can deal with them however we want."

The brown female looked between parties, waiting for feedback. I shouldn't have left. she thought. If she hadn't, the dogs probably would have remained ignorant of the wolves' presence. Now, however, they were marked. No matter. If they came after her pack Loup would kill every last one of them. Still, Lupa seemed to be erring on the side of an elaborate scheme. That was not a bad idea. Perhaps they could trick the wayward dogs back into their camp to be recaptured by the humans? Or follow them as they chased the tiger up and down the country and exhausted an already sick animal? Loup didn't know, but at least they had the advantage of an early warning. The dogs wouldn't catch up to her for another half-hour or more. Loup grinned, her teeth still bloody from the fight.

[EDIT: Lupa, Koa just got back to me. We can only attack dogs, no humans.]
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:01 pm

[Loup, okie dokie. I've seen wolves doing it in Canada, once but they were used to it. That's kinda why I said it.]

As Loup speaks she suggests only attacking the dogs, not the human Lupa agrees with this, "If we attack the dogs maybe the human we become frightened." she hoped the human would run if we got the dogs. She defiantly thought leaving it a while may help, it wasn't exactly an urgent matter. Lupa thought tricking the dogs may help, then they could defiantly have an advantage. It was a possibility but so was attack, all Lupa knew for definite is that if they dogs dared attack the pack she'd kill them all in the effort for the pack survival. After all, the pack needed to thrive. At this point we needed to get to the tiger to she suggested, "How about we don't run away as such but head toward the tiger, we need to see how it is. Then we've completed the mission, along with leading the dogs there if that's what they came for. Then they'll chase the tiger or something and we can escape, the flames from the fire yesterday have gone down and we can easily go back through. What do you all think?" she waited for some input, there was no harm in doing that, as Loup suggested the dogs may be after the tiger not us.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:42 am

SECRETS OF KIYEVKA BAY 2vaebu0
Ghost stayed where she was and quietly watched the others mingle and begin to settle down for the night. Several of them drifted off to sleep rather quickly, though their sleep was restless and punctured with whimpers and twitches. Another two wandered off and Ghost could hear the splashing of water and she felt a slight twinge of jealousy, though she wasn't interested in swimming with the others. A third, one Ghost hadn't seen before, fidgeted restlessly before wandering off. Ghost didn't pay much attention; she decided it was time to get a bit of rest before they decided to continue with their mission.

"Wake up!"
"Dogs! They're here."
"It's alright Loup, how many were there? Do we have time to avoid an unnecessary scuffle or do we need to attack?"

Ghost jerked away and was on her feet in an instant, ears flattened and the fur along her back stood on end. Squinting her eyes in the morning light she gazed around and pointed her ears forward so she could better hear what was going on around her. The brown female that arrived before herself rushed back to the group looking terrified and quickly gaining the attention of the rest of the group. A brown male rushed over and began to check the female, whom he addressed as Loup, for injuries. He began to question her but the black female spoke first.

Ghost decided this moment was the one to start talking, before anyone acted on foolish plans. "Confronting the human is a terrible idea," she stated bluntly. Her face remained expressionless and she spoke in a rather bored tone of voice. She turned towards the dark wolf that had spoken to her earlier before she continued, "I've never had experience with a human myself, but I have heard former packmates talk about them. From what I've heard of their weapons your idea could easily get at least one of us killed." Ghost kept her reddish eyes on the black female for a moment, studying her, before she turned to the rest of the group and added a plan-of-action to her criticism, "I'd suggest we continue to find and observe the tiger while taking care to keep note of the human's location so we can avoid it. As for the dogs, we can deal with them as we encounter them." Ghost fell silent after this uncharacteristically long speech.

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ghost
Ghost
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:41 am

Loup sat down hard, her mind only just catching up to her body. Her earlier words had been automatic–a machine rattling off its status report. Now her mind, aching from abuse, started to turn. Spending so much time around peers was starting to change her. Loup did know if she wanted that. She could speak more easily and was starting to feel guilty about going off to do her own thing. At the moment, shocked by these new adjustments, all she wanted to do was crawl into a hole and hide. Yet she couldn't. She needed to plan and care for them. She needed to debate with them–something she could do in her head but that always muddled up her words in real life. Her mouth was bone dry, but it wasn't from running. Loup swallowed hard and her throat smarted.

"I've never had experience with a human myself, but I have heard former packmates talk about them. From what I've heard of their weapons your idea could easily get at least one of us killed. I'd suggest we continue to find and observe the tiger while taking care to keep note of the human's location so we can avoid it. As for the dogs, we can deal with them as we encounter them." A strange, albino-looking wolf was saying. She must have been one of the ones that showed up on the journey, which meant Loup knew nothing about her, but the wolf clearly had a logical mind.
"You're right about the humans. We need to stay away at all costs. However, only going after the tiger could make us blind to the danger of the dogs. If those mutts catch us in a bad place–near the tiger, say–then both us and the dogs could be killed. I think we should have a two-pronged attack. A pair can track down the tiger and keep tabs on it. The rest of us find the dogs and kill or drive them off. Once that is completed we can rejoin the tiger team and go home." she hesitated, watching the others carefully. She felt awkward presenting her own plan after beating down the suggestions of two other wolves. Besides, what she had suggested wasn't foolproof either. It would save them all so much trouble if the human could just capture its dogs, but counting on those weak creatures to do their job was not a good idea. We she to be held accountable for its inability? "Look, if you have a better idea I'll go along with it." she backed a little ways away from the group, her confidence waning like last night's darkness.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum