DEPTHS OF SIKHOTE-ALIN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY

+21
Vanguard
Onyx
Nature
Fenrir
Alastor
Emilia
Ghost
Raelyn
Braxton
Star
Pilot
Loup
Ember
Augustine
Pavor
Rivet
Kaia
Lupa
Lennox
Koa
25 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY Empty PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY

Post  Koa Mon May 18, 2015 10:45 pm

PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY
PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY Partizanskayasentryedit_zpsyh7zy6dm
The terrain of Partizanskaya Sentry is familiar to most of the sentries, who will spend the majority of their days atop or around the great landmark. Aptly named, Partizanskaya Sentry provides a great view that sentries will benefit from when on duty. Its immediate vicinity is not necessarily grounds for hunting, but if one is lucky, one may find some prey here. As far as tigers are concerned, the existing one makes his home in the Oaken Forest. One is more likely to run into a black bear, which, if the bear makes its way to the den, can prove troublesome for pups and adults alike.

In the area of Sentry's history, the great sentry Utar fell to his death here. If one travels all the way to the top, you may see where the cliff face broke and shattered, sending the talented but unfortunate Utar to his untimely death. Now, a ritual exists among the sentries, new and old, where recruits are brought forth to the very top to both remember Utar and to commemorate their own rise as a sentry.

PREY: MANCHURIAN RED DEER (rare), MOUNTAIN HARE, RED SQUIRREL, SABLE
PREDATORS: AMUR TIGER, HIMALAYAN BLACK BEAR
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

https://wolvesofsikhotealin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY Empty Re: PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY

Post  Lennox Mon May 25, 2015 2:34 pm

The uniquely pigmented male trotted, months have passed since Lennox had caught sight or scent of any type of canine. After non stop travels - his sense of direction seemed to decay. He wasn't all that sure where he was going, but it was clear that it was far, far away from his native Greece home. Yet, nonetheless, he went forth. The scenery was odd to him, the ocean was far away - the greenery changed to golden shades. A small gust swirled past him, making small trails ripple in his pelt - the scents it carried were none that he knew. But upon a second investigation - there was one small thing that caught his attention.

Territory markers. Yes, the well known warning of entering someone's land - "Should I questions to stay? Or just leave before they assume I'm a threat?" Lennox questioned himself under his breath as he lurked about the unknown territory. His instincts answered the question for him, his broad paws glided him over the rocky terrain. A small portion of his salmon shaded tongue lolled from his mouth as his velocity peaked. Then he slowed his pace after a short period - his pale, luminous blue eyes gazing quickly over the landscape, searching aimlessly for another of his kind, for a wolf.
Lennox
Lennox

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Mon May 25, 2015 2:53 pm

THE WOLF STIRRED FROM HER SLUMBER; the scent of another had drawn her upward. Could it be? She had been the last for some time; she found it remarkably hard to believe that another being had stepped within the vicinity. Vigorously, she shook the likeness of her pelt. Rain had claimed her that night, and she had not yet dried when she awoke. Approaching her elder years, she was nervous; if this wolf was to be hostile, she would neither have the means nor the motivation to fight. And yet, if this wolf was friendly, perhaps...

Perhaps the wolves here could be restored?

Such a thought had not dared to enter her mind for quite some time. When she was in denial of her packmates' passings, it crossed frequently then, and tormented her to no end. With the passage of time, however, she grew accustomed to being alone. But, now, the opportunity presented itself. No, she told herself, it will take more than one, and will take more than me. They must lead the pack forth; I shall only guide them.
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu May 28, 2015 4:11 pm

I trot around, sniffing the air for prey. There are a few Manchurian Red Deer to the North, Mountain Hare west and Sable south; the way I just came. The squirells are everywhere. I head to the North, stalking the deer before chasing it down. My pads sweeping gently across the floor and my muscles drive me forward, I locate 50 miles off the weakest Deer. It has a bony growth on its leg, so will tire easily. I chase the group they all spread and I lock onto this one which as predicted slows easily and I ge an easy meal. As I begin to tuck in I smell a Amur Leopard. Growling I get him to back off but it doesn't work enough. I howl and he runs off. After I ate my fill I left to continue North. I sniff and smell an older wolf. One who has been here a long time. I trot over to the smell which becomes stronger. I then stop, there right in front of me is the older wolf; now believing I was trespassing I submit to her. "I am sorry for trespassing, please forgive me. May I join into your pack?"...
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaia Thu May 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Kaia had been traveling for a good while that day, the day when she first discovered the pack which would become her second home. She traveled in a leisurely lope, occasionally dropping down to a walk to catch her breath. Earlier, she had also encountered a nice stream, which she drank from to replenish herself before continuing onwards. She wasn't sure where she was headed, at the time she only knew that there were more sights to be seen and more wolves to meet.

It was several hours into the day when a familiar and yet unfamiliar scent hit her nose. Surprise flashed across her face. Wolves! Six months of dispersal and she had only met a few stragglers, some females, and some males, but none suitable as mates either way. No packs were to be found. But this wasn't just a straggler, she noted, as there were several in the area. One, the nearest, a male. There was the fainter scent of another male, a female, and an elderly female.. Perhaps the leader? But the scents were so different, it seemed to be more of a random bunch of dispersal wolves than an actual pack. But, perhaps, it was the beginnings of a pack. Regardless, she had already run so much, that she decided to simply head towards and scope out the nearest male. She was somewhat excited and curious, so her pace quickened to a slow gallop, not a sprint, but not too leisurely, either.

(The male she is heading towards is Rivet, just to clear things up!)
Kaia
Kaia
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivet Thu May 28, 2015 6:00 pm

Rivet's feet moved with purpose, as his long strides continued to carry him across the unfamiliar land beneath his paws. His glorious adventure had carried him far from his previous life and with each new step he took, excitement claimed a merciless victory over his every feature. This new world was slowly becoming his playground, as it promised to offer an endless amount of new stories just waiting to be forged. With both his mind and body now preoccupied with such lovely thoughts, he failed to register the fact that other beings were nearby. If these rugged lands happened to be claimed by another already, the thought of them taking kindly to his careless trespassing seemed entirely unlikely. The only danger of adventuring, was that you never truly knew what dangers would present themselves on the journey.

(I hate first post, so much. DX)
Rivet
Rivet
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaia Thu May 28, 2015 6:15 pm

It was not a long run before Kaia came upon this male, whom she did not know. His appearance was pretty nice in her eyes, a neat mingle of darker browns and grays with yellow eyes that were in strong contrast to his coat. The texture of his was different from hers, hers was on the long, thick, and wavy side while his was long, but went many different ways. She pondered whether or not that reflected his personality, or if it was just what his coat was like.

Kaia was not a shy wolf by any means, she was curious about what was going on, as well as eager to get to know these wolves. Would this be her new home, she wondered? It would not be long before she found out. She stopped before him, her head tilting ever so slightly to the side with curiosity. "Hello. I am Kaia. Might I ask your name, and if this is the place of a pack, or just a gathering of wolves by chance?" She asked, her voice was soft and kind, as she made sure not to sound rude.
Kaia
Kaia
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivet Thu May 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Rivet's head snapped up at the sight of  the gray figure that now prevented him from advancing forward. Confusion riddled his face as he observed his own surroundings, as well as those of the females. How had she appeared so suddenly? Were more be coming? More importantly, what was she even saying? These were questions, Rivet found himself asking in silence. It was during this silence that he realized the first two questions had rather simple answers. The answer to her sudden appearance rested in the fact that he had previously failed to notice the presences of others. The male found the second answer by simply taking in the smells she reeked of the most, none seemed to carry the recent scent of another wolf. The third question, however, seemed the trickiest due to her eagerness to start a conversation with a complete stranger.  

"Hello. I am Kaia. Might I ask your name, and if this is the place of a pack, or just a gathering of wolves by chance?"

"Eh, I'm Rivet." He started off slowly, as he put a slight amount of cautionary distance between himself and the gray female that called herself Kaia. "Why would I know? I wasn't even aware that this place contained our sorts, until you were standing in my way."
Rivet
Rivet
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Thu May 28, 2015 7:31 pm

THE WOLF'S EYES SUDDENLY MET THOSE OF ANOTHER; she had not scented this wolf. The wolf who approached her so appeared to be female in nature, and quite submissive. Koa could smell blood on this stranger, and she guessed that this young wolf might have been hunting and might have experienced some success. Her surprise at this wolf's sudden appearance, nevertheless, could not be veiled, and she said nothing in reply to this stranger's pleas. She only lingered in thought, and wondered at the mass of smells which foretold the presence of other wolves. Why, now, had they come? And why so many? Perhaps, she thought, they were driven from their territories by starvation, and were pushed eastward. Then, breaking her silence, she said, "You may, but let us wait around for the others; I have much to tell you, and would rather not repeat myself."
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavor Thu May 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Two years. Thats how long it had been. Two years of her life, spent avoiding others of her kind, barely managing to survive off of nearly rotten carcasses she had found. Her small paws had taken her eastward. Why she did not know, but she felt that this side of the land held promises. She had come across others, but only in her first year of leaving. Leaving. . . The black marked female shook her head as an attempt to clear her thoughts. But she stopped. Could it be? The young fae was shocked and confused. She became tense and fearful. What if they told her to leave? What if they saw her small build and deemed her unworthy of their presence? What if they killed her? She shook her head again. She need to stop assuming the worst. Mustering up the little courage and faith she had, she moved over the scent line, fear etched in every step she took.
Pavor
Pavor
GREEN Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaia Thu May 28, 2015 11:23 pm

"Eh, I'm Rivet."

Kaia's rather excited mood dimmed. Her eyes barely narrowed, the only outward sign of her already brimming annoyance. Eh? She then noticed him backing away slightly. Did this male consider her a threat, she wondered bemusedly? Perhaps what she felt right now was not so much annoyance but confusion.. She already found him rather odd, and as she stared at him, he was getting ready to continue.

"Why would I know? I wasn't even aware that this place contained our sorts, until you were standing in my way."

"Ah." She replied, she nearly rolled her eyes at that point, but thought better of it.. Maybe he was just shy or something. Or clueless. "Generally one would keep track of where they are and what smells are around.. So that they aren't so surprised as you are right now. But, anyhow, since I am evidently in your way, I'll go chat with someone else and find out what's going on. See yah, dude!" She replied, cheerfully, but there was a slight amount of sass in her voice. She grinned a bit at him, turning and trotting off, determined now to scope someone else out. She decided not to mingle with any of the others of her age now, heading for the elderly female instead. Maybe she could give an answer without sounding bored!

"You may, but let us wait around for the others; I have much to tell you, and would rather not repeat myself."

Kaia neared her, and stopped at a respectable distance. The older female definitely had more of an authoritative tone, like she knew what she was talking about. In hindsight, Kaia should have headed to this female first.. But despite being such a heavy traveler, she wasn't a stranger to being a bit lazy. "I suppose I am one of the others. I'm definitely interested in what you have to say, this random gathering of wolves is perplexing." She replied to the older female, making a short amount of eye contact so the female knew Kaia was speaking to her. But not too much eye contact, she didn't feel like challenging anyone today.
Kaia
Kaia
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Fri May 29, 2015 7:03 pm

ANOTHER STRANGER APPEARED, and the older female hastily swung her gaze around to meet this pallid female. She examined the newcomer with scrutiny, though she barred further judgement when she noticed how carefully the wolf spoke. Koa did not move to greet this animal; instead, she sat upon her haunches, and wondered of what to say. Then, an idea came to her. Let's see how driven this one is.

"If you are one of the others, I am assuming you know where the rest of your lot are. If you would be so kind as to fetch them for me, then I may tell you my story." With a grin, she paused, and, without waiting for an immediate response, warned, "I do not care if they are not interested in joining the pack; they should at least be advised of what this area has... to offer."

I'd rather not have daft wolves running around the outskirts of the territory like they own the place and know everything. That would create quite an unfortunate situation. For them, at least. It would moreso be a nuisance for me.
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Fri May 29, 2015 7:25 pm

I hear her clear voice "Of course, I shall wait for you to speak, Alpha." Lupa resists the urge to be dominant and submits herself. "If you wish for me to say I shall let you know what I killed and how I stumbled upon this land?" I say trying to make conversation.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Fri May 29, 2015 7:42 pm

(@ Lupa - remember that your posts need to be at least/around 100 words in length. http://www.wordcounter.net/ is a fairly useful tool for checking purposes. Strive for that during the recruitment period; otherwise, your promotion may be delayed significantly.)

THE WOLF'S NOSE TURNED UPWARDS; she felt contemptuous towards this female's eagerness to please. Though she scoffed, in her heart she was grateful; perhaps, the eagerness of these wolves is what the land truly needed. Perhaps, her own bitterness and cynicism, which took hold of her after time had passed and that wretched day faded so, would lead her -- and the land -- nowhere.

Pondering, she replied casually, "You need not call me 'alpha.' I am the last of the 'ancients;' I am a mere relic of those that came before. If you need a title, call me that. But, that seems a little silly; Koa is my name, and would be more appropriate." Eying the stranger, she added, "Why don't you introduce yourself. Give me your name, but I needn't a novel of your history. A few words, such as from where you hail, would suffice. And, I'd like to here how you came here, and perhaps, what you killed. After the others arrive and we chat, perhaps you can lead us to the carcass and we could have leftovers."
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavor Sat May 30, 2015 12:09 am

Pavor moved quickly and silently. Her dark amber eyes darted across the area in case she ran into another. Her movements were cautious, and extremely careful. She could smell others, some closer, some farther away. She came across what seemed to be a den site. One seemed to catch her eye the most, as it seemed to be in charge. She frowned, and kept her distance, as she didn't want to crowd her, as there were others around her. So this wasn't any loners territory, it was an actual Pack. She smiled slightly at the thought of joining a pack once more, but who would want such a fragile wolf? This land could hold potential, but it could also hold threats she couldn't handle. Letting out a barely audible sigh of disappointment, she turned and made to head back out. Back out into the forest, back out into solitude, back out into a land she knew best, Nothing.
Pavor
Pavor
GREEN Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaia Sat May 30, 2015 2:09 am

Within this post I address Lennox, Pavor, Koa, and Rivet.

"If you are one of the others, I am assuming you know where the rest of your lot are. If you would be so kind as to fetch them for me, then I may tell you my story."

Kaia gazed at her curiously. So quick to give initiative, this one! Kaia wasn't necessarily a follower, but this wolf already seemed to know things well, so she shrugged and grinned back at the elderly female. She would almost gladly oblige to this.. A chance to scope out the rest of these fellow wanderers and travelers, she supposed.

"I do not care if they are not interested in joining the pack; they should at least be advised of what this area has... to offer."

"Fair enough! I'll be right back, then.. If I have to nip at someone's heels to get them in order then so be it." She replied with a wink and a bit of amusement. The idea of snapping at the feet of Rivet amused her. With a short nod, she turned abruptly and loped off once more, her nose guiding her to the other wolves in the area. She still had another male she had not yet come across, but could smell, as well as another newer female. And then Rivet. She'd save that venture for last.

She first came upon the unfamiliar male(Lennox). She wasted no time, as she was pretty much on a mission for herself at this point, and sort of enjoyed having a job. "Hello. I am Kaia. The elderly female who knows this place is in the direction from which I came.. and she wishes to speak with us wanderers." She quickly and clearly spoke, giving a light smile before loping off from him without another word.

Her next destination was an unfamiliar female, (Pavor). Her demeanor was rather shy and perhaps fearful, so Kaia made sure to approach her in an inviting manner, stopping at a good distance so not to spook her and turning slightly sideways in a friendly and almost playful gesture. "Greetings! I am Kaia. No doubt you are curious, as we all are, of this place.. The elderly female over there," she pointed with her muzzle in the direction, "Wishes to speak to us in order to explain things." She smiled invitingly, and then turned once more without another word. She figured, if she simply said so and then moved off, they wouldn't have a chance to argue. She would, however, give Rivet the chance. She figured it might be fun or something like that.

Now heading back towards him, Rivet, she deliberately did the same as she had before. She showed up unexpectedly from nowhere in particular and stuck herself directly in his path. Her smile was now a little mischievous. "One only seems to have to ask questions and investigate before what this place is becomes clear. The elderly female in our vicinity wishes to speak to us loners about this place. She said not to worry if one didn't want to come.. For me to bring them to her anyways. So are you coming along, or am I gonna nip at your heels?" She asked, her voice was kind, but also somewhat playful.. She was now excited to discover what this place was. Her tone was also completely serious.
Kaia
Kaia
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sat May 30, 2015 4:55 am

(Oh yes, sorry Koa)

"Sorry, Koa. I did not know. I shall explain myself." I stand up and look around. I start talking in a calm voice. "I am Lupa. I came across this territory as I heard of the disasters that happened her. I came to look for surviving wolves to join together and thrive. I killed a Manchurian Deer. She carcass is just over the brow of the hill. An Amur Leopard may be eating some. It was a full grow mature male so plenty for all." I sniff the air and sense the leopard is gone "The leopard is gone and the carcass has much meat left over." I wish to please 'the last ancient' so I submit myself again. I pace around a few times and sense the other wolves. They seem to he near "The other seem to be near to us, Koa." I await my leaders command, patiently then I ask "Please when we are all here could you explain how the disaster happened?"
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavor Sat May 30, 2015 8:00 pm

She nearly jumped out of her fur.

"Greetings! I am Kaia. No doubt you are curious, as we all are, of this place.. The elderly female over there, Wishes to speak to us in order to explain things."

Pavor did her best not to look so frightened. 'She really wants to talk to all of us? I guess it won't be that bad, i mean, What could go wrong?' she asked herself. Before she could ask questions, Kaia was gone, and she only left her directions back to the elderly female.

"Well okay then, i guess i'll go." she muttered before heading back. Upon heading into the clearing, Pavor lowered her head. There was already another female (Lupa) besides the elderly fae, she was cautious, her steps barely leaving an indention in the dirt.

"S-Sorry for intruding. I was told you wanted to speak to our lot." She said quietly And cautiously. "And was told to come here, so, er, here i am" She glanced around nervously, and sat at a distance, but close enough to signify that she was listening to the Fae.
Pavor
Pavor
GREEN Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Augustine Sat May 30, 2015 10:52 pm

.PARTIZANSKAYA SENTRY Flontpng
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

It was odd, the lack of snow. Even in the summer months, Augustine was used to there being snow crackling under his paws, but here in place of snow was foliage, browns and oranges, some even reds, colors he hadn't known existed until he left Siberia roughly two years ago. He'd been there long enough to make his decision, he liked it. The wind wasn't too cold and the prey was bigger, easier to find. The possibility of freezing in the night all but diminished. If he were to settle down here, Augustine was almost certain he'd be happy to call it home.

Of course, that was if the wolves in the area even wanted company. Not too long ago he'd caught the scent of a few wolves nearby, but he hadn't tracked the scent, there was no need to bother them if he was only passing through. Now that he'd decided he wanted to stay, he'd spent the better part of the night trying to pick up a scent and follow it. Augustine could tell they were nearby, but he didn't even know how he would go about introducing himself to potentially aggressive strangers, or non-aggressive strangers for that matter.

It was completely happenstance that he walked up to the gathering of wolves, Augustine had been too absorbed in his thoughts, planning on how he'd introduce himself and various trivial things that they would no doubt want to know. His muscles locked up, shoulders in a tight line as surprise washed over his features, clearly shocked that he had managed to find them so soon. Everything he'd planned on saying left his mind, leaving him looking like a fish out of water. Augustine was definitely out of his depth here, he hadn't anticipated so many.

[296 words]
Augustine
Augustine

http://wolfquest.org/bb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=51

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Sat May 30, 2015 11:12 pm

"THIS IS ENOUGH," the wolf whispered, eying all who had gathered at her request. "For those who have not come," she went on, "it is apart of your natural duty to pass this story along in some way to them, so that others may not experience the misfortune that I did."

"I was a young pup; I did not know many troubles. But before long, I would come to know them, and come to know many. I would come to know pain, and come to know its constant torment. And so would the rest of my pack. While this pain was now familiar to us, and apart of our lives, this pain had been a thing of reconciliation; in the context of past years, it was relatively new. The humans had retreated, and more deliberately ceased their hunts of a certain foe. For those who do not know, that certain foe is feline; it is orange in nature, and sports black stripes. Tigers, they are, and with the humans' retreat, they returned; they returned with a vengeance. Not only did our food supply over the years dwindle, thanks to their constant, haunting presence and large appetites, but our numbers did, too. Our kind fell often to their claws, and fell moreso during my time. While they recovered, we were caught off-guard. And while they prospered, we fell. Make no mistake; there were always more wolves than there were tigers. That is, until our kind could take no more; they either perished, or fled.

You might wonder why we are all gathered here. Perhaps it is by chance, and is a mere coincidence. Or perhaps, we have all met at the hands of fate. I do not know. But, I have at least encouraged some part in the likes of your muster, and so, I must explain myself. I am the last of the wolves here; unlike the rest, I did not perish, nor did I flee. But I am the last, mainly because of my carelessness. I led my own pack in my prime, and led the remnants of it to confront a great tiger that had been sauntering too close to the den, and too close for comfort. I'd rather avoid the details at length, but they all fell to the beast. In my cowardice, I ran; maybe I should have died with them. But maybe, my selfishness was not in vain, for maybe, I was meant to live, and was meant to guide you all.

In their memory, and for the sake of this land, I would like to see our kind restored here. We can indeed co-exist with tigers, but they must know their place, and, consequently, we must know our place. I give you all this quest. See me not as a leader, but as a mere guide. The true leaders of this pack will make themselves known, and thereafter shall be rewarded. We can all live here again, somehow. That I believe."
Koa
Koa
The Last Ancient

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivet Sun May 31, 2015 6:45 am

"Generally one would keep track of where they are and what smells are around.. So that they aren't so surprised as you are right now. But, anyhow, since I am evidently in your way, I'll go chat with someone else and find out what's going on. See yah, dude!"

Rivet’s vibrant eyes raised ever so slightly as Kaia’s spoke, her words ringing true as she spoke of his general lack of environmental awareness. The desire to counter with a retort played on his very lips, but in the end none was ever voiced. His fault was obvious, so it was best to simply move on with their conversation. Or so the young male had thought, but just as soon as she had appeared Kaia had already started to trot away-perhaps she had been overly displeased with the way he had responded to her previous questions. As he continued to watch her disappear, the thought of following after the other wolf began to cross his mind. It was now evident beyond doubt that others were also present, but would seeking them out be an advantageous move or not?  The fleeting female he had just met seemed to think so and if she was searching for answers, he saw no real reason as to why he couldn’t just tag along and discover these answers as well. If anything, it would be like unraveling a hidden mystery-a fun enough adventure to start things off with he supposed.  

“Hey-“ With his mind now made up, Rivet began to speak, but soon found that the only thing that had stopped him from tagging along was the sheer fact that Kaia had now entirely disappeared from view, while he had sat pondering his next move. “I’ll just follow your general direction” he mumbled quietly, as he started to move his feet once more. It wasn’t very long, however, before the brown gray male had found himself coming to yet another full stop. Almost, as if he was repeating the seen from earlier a smallish gray figure blocked his path, but this time it seemed just a tad bit more intentional.

"One only seems to have to ask questions and investigate before what this place is becomes clear. The elderly female in our vicinity wishes to speak to us loners about this place. She said not to worry if one didn't want to come.. For me to bring them to her anyways. So are you coming along, or am I gonna nip at your heels?"

“I would say that we should really stop meeting like this but, seeing as I was seeking you out on my own, I guess it is fine.” Rivet began, as a cheeky grin displayed itself upon his facial features. “Elderly female, huh? They seem to always know what they are talking about, so if anyone is going to have the answers I am sure it would be someone experienced in the ways of life.” He continued, his tone almost serious. Being who he was, though, Rivet couldn’t help but plaster the cheeky grin back on his face as he gave Kaia one last reply before setting off towards the old one. “I’m sure you’d love to nip at my heels, but sadly I simply cannot indulge in such creepy desires.”  He wasn’t entirely sure what he meant by that, but the words themselves were fun to say. This grayish female, Kaia, seemed odd but odd almost always proved to be entertaining in the end.

"I was a young pup; I did not know many troubles. But before long, I would come to know them, and come to know many. I would come to know pain, and come to know its constant torment. And so would the rest of my pack. While this pain was now familiar to us, and apart of our lives, this pain had been a thing of reconciliation; in the context of past years, it was relatively new. The humans had retreated, and more deliberately ceased their hunts of a certain foe. For those who do not know, that certain foe is feline; it is orange in nature, and sports black stripes. Tigers, they are, and with the humans' retreat, they returned; they returned with a vengeance. Not only did our food supply over the years dwindle, thanks to their constant, haunting presence and large appetites, but our numbers did, too. Our kind fell often to their claws, and fell moreso during my time. While they recovered, we were caught off-guard. And while they prospered, we fell. Make no mistake; there were always more wolves than there were tigers. That is, until our kind could take no more; they either perished, or fled.

You might wonder why we are all gathered here. Perhaps it is by chance, and is a mere coincidence. Or perhaps, we have all met at the hands of fate. I do not know. But, I have at least encouraged some part in the likes of your muster, and so, I must explain myself. I am the last of the wolves here; unlike the rest, I did not perish, nor did I flee. But I am the last, mainly because of my carelessness. I led my own pack in my prime, and led the remnants of it to confront a great tiger that had been sauntering too close to the den, and too close for comfort. I'd rather avoid the details at length, but they all fell to the beast. In my cowardice, I ran; maybe I should have died with them. But maybe, my selfishness was not in vain, for maybe, I was meant to live, and was meant to guide you all.

In their memory, and for the sake of this land, I would like to see our kind restored here. We can indeed co-exist with tigers, but they must know their place, and, consequently, we must know our place. I give you all this quest. See me not as a leader, but as a mere guide. The true leaders of this pack will make themselves known, and thereafter shall be rewarded. We can all live here again, somehow. That I believe."

It seemed this elderly one Kaia had mentioned hadn’t been overly far from their last rendezvous point, as it seemed he had made it just in time to hear her story. The story in itself, though seemed to be but a portion of a bigger story that had yet been told. “So, I’ll go ahead and be the one that points out the fact that living here is obviously a hazard to one's life-just in case the gloomy story wasn’t clear enough.” Rivet started, as his eyes calmly fixated themselves on the ancient storyteller figure. “I don’t much care for the games of fate or whatever, but restoring what was once lost is a rather nice sentiment. It is, however, just a sentiment. If we are going to do this we obviously need to do it right, which means we all need to be certain this is what we want to do-uncertainty down the road will only make us crumble.” Rivet continued with his words, his own personal decision on the matter now reached. “I guess all that’s left for me to say is, count me in.”

Rivet
Rivet
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun May 31, 2015 8:10 am

"I heard if the disaster, I came here to help. Right from the Rocky's in Canada. Our meeting was not of coincidence I sense. It was more of fate, by my judgement. You, Koa are truely amazing. Your story makes my wonder why things happen. I accept your mission and shall attempt to restore wolf life here. But how, are we surpassed to accomplish this?" I ask with apprehension in my voice. I begin to wonder Maybe we were destine for this? Maybe we are surpossed to be here. I lick my paws and my muzzle to clear it of blood. I then lay down in the hard ground, my ribs and chest pushing down on the hard rock. The wind whistles around my ears and my fur glistens in the morning sun.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Sun May 31, 2015 10:12 am

I trot forward, away from the river. The river had been my home for years, and now I don't even know where I'm going. I fe like can't stop moving, I just have to keep going onward. Where am I going? Why am I leaving the river? The wind changes, blowing toward me now. With it comes a new scent, wolves. I freeze, as I scent the wolves just over a hill. I feel the urge to go toward them, but instinct holds me back. I sit down, shaking my head, trying to remind myself why not to go to the strangers. First, I can't even remember the last time I'd seen a wolf, let alone talk to one. I can't even remember the last time I'd even spoken.

Before I did anything else, a small flash of fur moved on the edge of my vision. A squirrel. I haven't eaten one of those in a while... yum. SNAP
No more squirrel.

Anyway, I'm gonna try to talk now. "okay..." Wow! I have a voice. If I ever see those strangers, at least I could communicate. I lay down in a bush, and take a nap.
Ember
Ember
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Sun May 31, 2015 10:44 am

I sense another presence. "We have company.", I say before turning around. I trot over the brow of the hill "Hello--" I look again. Thinking I recognise the wolf. But no she is just another wolf. My past flashes before my eyes. My best friends howl drowns me. The faint reminders are everywhere. "W--what brings you here new wolf?" I say with a slight stutter. The memories are not a tough as usual for me. I fight them back. "If you are hungry there is a deer carcass, I killed it earlier." The wind blows my fur back and my tail is held slightly higher than the normal relaxed position, as I do not know this wolf and she is not the one who claims this land. I sense the older wolf The Last Ancient I say in my head. What a nice title... then I return my gaze to the new wolf.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Sun May 31, 2015 11:24 am

Brittle leaves crackled under Loup's forepaws. She flexed them slowly, stretching without moving because moving would give her away. Every part of her body ached from this unexpected stillness. When her journey had begun she had thought she was fit and ready to make it; now her whole body had transformed in the face of this brutal location. The pads of her feet were worn down to a smooth gray harder than the stone she walked on. The sensitive skin on each toe was frequently scratched or bruised. Her shoulders and haunches rippled with muscle, but it was so accustomed to travel that anything short of constant motion would create an almost crippling soreness. She felt that throb now, starting in her lower back and creeping all the way up to her tense shoulders.

Loup was lying under a bush, listening to the speech of the Last Ancient. Respect for the old wolf filled her, but the dispersal was wary of approaching. She had left her pack in search of something greater, and here was another wolf offering just that. A second chance for wolf kind, and perhaps a second chance for one lonely she wolf desperate to find her calling. But there were so many over there. If it had been just the old one Loup would not have hesitated, but the current crowd was terrifying. She was tough, but should couldn't beat them all. But she had to go. She had to. This might be her only chance.

She crept forward on her belly, inching in a semicircle so that she would become visible only when she was very close. Finally, easing into view, Loup faced the other wolves. She growled ever so softly, already bracing for the worst outcome.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next