DEPTHS OF SIKHOTE-ALIN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VODOPADNAYA'S PLACE OF MIRRORS

+8
Chance
Raelyn
Stripe
Madrone
Lupa
Star
Loup
Koa
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

VODOPADNAYA'S PLACE OF MIRRORS - Page 3 Empty Re: VODOPADNAYA'S PLACE OF MIRRORS

Post  Lupa Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:18 pm

To try and please Star she walks over slowly. "Deal with Chance first, really I'm fine." Lupa says, but still her chest stings.

Once Star is done doing her stuff Lupa walks off and barks to everyone, "Sleep now, I am on nightwatch. Hope you sleep well." she says before sitting on a boulder watchinf over them.

The thunder and dark clouds begin to role over our heads and Lupa senses something bad will happen, "I really think we should find a shelter in a cave, I sense danger is to come." she says, thinking no one will believe her. Slowly a few drops of rain touch her nose, and she flinches at the suprise. Then faster, faster and fast the rain pours down. Lightning strikes one of the mountains and Lupa looks at the water ripples in the river. Suddenly a nearby clap and flash happened before a crackling sound.

Some lightning hit a tree, at it had begun to catch fire. Lupa howls, alerting the pack of the fire. "Leave now all of you. I'll follow, Chance, lead them towards the mountain." she says quickly before watching them leave and the fire come towards her...
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

VODOPADNAYA'S PLACE OF MIRRORS - Page 3 Empty Re: VODOPADNAYA'S PLACE OF MIRRORS

Post  Loup Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:14 pm

Noticing the others taking a detour to the water, Loup followed. They were talking on low voices, still recovering from the excitement.
"I'm fine, its just a scratch. Yours is more serious. It needs washing out, clean water will do. For both of us. Star as a caretaker can do it for you." Lupa was saying. Loup hadn't even noticed the other female's injury and felt guilty because of it.

A damp wind ripped through the rocks, dragging at the blood on the wolves' fur. Breaking into a quick sprint, Loup ran downstream and leapt into the water. She didn't want the filth on her to contaminate anyone else's wounds. After a lap to and from the far shore, she turned up the river and swam toward her pack mates. Climbing into the shallows beside Star, Loup stayed close in case the pale wolf needed help. She always hated when other wolves were hurt–she never knew what to do–but she owed it to these three to help them in any way she could. After all, she was in their debt.

Eventually they finished, but by then it had begun to poor. Water stung Loup's eyes and the icy wind made her shiver. She could barely hear Lupa over the storm.

"I really think we should find a shelter in a cave, I sense danger is to come."Then an explosion–down the shore a tree was covered with blinding light. Fire began to lick up through the branches. A number of rude words crossed Loup's mind. "Leave now all of you. I'll follow, Chance, lead them towards the mountain."
Loup flinched. The last thing they should be doing was heading to higher ground. Fire moved faster uphill, and the storm would be worse anyway.
"Chance, go this way!" she barked "We'll be better off if we follow the river."
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Seyes Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:25 am

[Arriving from MALÁ SOPKA DEN]

Seyes had tried running full tilt to catch up with the others only to find himself tired out after just a couple minutes, the rest of the way he had simply trotted to conserve energy. The scents were getting fresher as he went and his boredom was replaced again by thrill. Picking up his pace to a gallop he continued on only to catch a new scent, blood. This new scent put him into overdrive, could it be food, or is one of his new acquaintances in trouble.

He finally reached a river and saw the others. Some were wounded, but they all seemed alive and for the most part well.

"Sorry...I'm late...." his words were broken by his panting, "Just ran...from den...." He assessed wounds from the river bank, noting severity and type. Not that he knew how to remedy any of them, he was just trying to figure out in what ways the injuries would slow progress.

"Anything I can do to help? I'm not too great with wound care, but I can follow directions pretty well." He had finally gotten his breath back and after a quick drink was ready for whatever would come at him next.

Seyes
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:17 am

"Deal with Chance first, really I'm fine." Star knew there was no fighting with Lupa. So she looked at Chance first. It looked like a bad gash, but there wasn't much Star knew about wounds and healing them, except for keeping them clean and a couple of plants.

That's when the rain started. The lighting flashed and the thunder clapped by the mountain.
"Leave now all of you. I'll follow, Chance, lead them towards the mountain." Lupa advised us. The mountain, but wasn't that leading us into the storm.
"Chance, go this way! We'll be better off if we follow the river." Loup
yelled out, the storm nearly drowning her out.

I felt bad for Chance, he had to choose between the two. It would probably be best if we we followed the river, at least it would lead us to where the tiger is.

That's when another wolf showed up, he was slightly familiar. I think Seyes was his name.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:23 am

"I'm sorry I'm late, I just ran from the den...." as strange new wolf says. Lupa responds kindly, "Hello, don't worry. I'm Lupa I left a while ago before you joined but returned a week ago." The storm begins to get worse and she barks once again, "Fire!"

"Chance go this way!" Loup says, "We'd be better off following the river." Lupa disagreed grately although fire travelled fast up the mountain was all rock, no vegetation. The river surrounded by trees. Lupa knew what to do in the situation so barked back, "The mountain may be up but we are less likely to get burned. Go to the top of the mountain and follow the river that way. The river is surrounded by trees and the fire has already spread around the river. I'll go check if it's still safe for the river option but we have less chance of survival with a larger group." she knew how to survive in this situation, she'd come across it so many times. "Trust me I've been in this situation tonnes of times. In a similarly built up area. The mountain is the best option, its to tall for the flames to reach the vegetation that occurs atop of it." she adds before slowly walking towards the flames at the river...

She walks in and is surrounded by flames, they spread down for miles before stopping suddenly where there is a lake. The only way would be to run quickly but we couldn't due to the deeper parts. This option was unusable and defiantly would not help them. Lupa returns and says, "The flames are surrounding the rest of the river and spreading. The deer have retreated up to the mountain so we'll be okay up there until the storm passes, eventually the rain will put this out. We back away from the edge and I'll keep on close guard. Loup can lead a short hunting party, keeping well away from the edge. Not for a healthy deer though, a weak one." she says before nodding to them, waiting for them to go where she will closely follow behind them.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:49 am

"The flames are surrounding the rest of the river and spreading. The deer have retreated up to the mountain so we'll be okay up there until the storm passes, eventually the rain will put this out. We back away from the edge and I'll keep on close guard. Loup can lead a short hunting party, keeping well away from the edge. Not for a healthy deer though, a weak one."

Lupa was right, less vegetation means a smaller fire. Plus the higher up the less oxygen, fires need oxygen. Star started climbing, her fur sticking to her body from all the rain.
"Come on guys!" She yelled out hoping the wind wouldn't carry it away.

She had trudged for a while, then she came across a cave-like structure. And pulled herself in. She then shook off most the water. Shaking uncontrollably, she layed down waiting for the others to arrive.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:04 am

"Come on guys!" Star said as she bolted up the mountain before diving into a cave. Right into safety, Lupa was pleased one of them were safe. Chance was injured so Lupa knew he'd be slower, "Chance to now." she said gesturing to the cave. "One of you walk right beside him. He is injured." her voice now fighting over the sound of the storm but it manages to break through.

Another lightning bolt! CRACK! It smashed right behind them. "Run! Now! Go, quickly!" she says through a silent bit of the storm. Seeing Star go to safety was pleasing but she knew they needed to all go there. "Go into that cave. I'll bring the carcass up just get out of here! " she barks at them breaking into a faint growl. She knows that this storm was going to pass soon and as soon as it did they were leaving for the bay before anything else to threaten their safety happens. Lupa didn't want to loose Stripe or anyone else. She'd already lost Stripe due to a fire and shoots him a look to get him to leave with the others. "I'll be right behind you all. I promise." she says, " Just don't look back. I will be following, noone will be left behind." Lupa now stops waiting for them all to begin moving before she can follow on.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:56 am

Loup growled under her breath. The mountain was on this side of the river, making it easy for the fire to reach. True, there were no trees up there, but there were lots of small shrubs. Not enough to make the flames a problem, but was she the only on who had ever stood downwind of a fire? Those shrubs were ever-greens––damp ones at that––and would smoke like crazy. Lupa was right; they would not get burned on the mountain. They would get suffocated. Were they going to hide in a cave like rabbits and breathe smoke all day? It probably wouldn't kill them, but it would be miserable. Don't do it, she begged. Already Star had vanished. The deer went up there because they don't know any better. Are we wolves just going to follow their lead?

If this challenge had occurred an hour, even a few minutes, ago Loup would have left them. She had dealt with plenty a fire herself and she knew how to read them. A cave was the worst place to go. They needed open air where they could use the water and wind to their advantage. But, as usual, she found trouble saying so. The words just wouldn't climb out of her mouth. Going her own way would save her a lot of suffering, but Loup wouldn't do that after they had protected her so valiantly from the bear.

She trotted up to Chance and offered her shoulder for support if he needed it.

"Let's go," she said "And sorry for barking at you earlier." It's just that this is insane. Loup looked longingly back at the river. Why oh why did she commit to loyalty like this? If the rain hadn't yet put the fire out, it never would. Their only way out of here would be to walk the river–eventually they would do it. That or sit on a mountain for weeks, waiting for the trees to turn to ashes.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:54 pm

[FYI, Loup: The mountain is upwind from the fire, not going to catch fire and no shrubs ^^ I put that in my last explanation, sorry to be a party pooper]

"The best idea would be to go atop the mountain, get Star out of the cave up there. It's just a quick refuge site. Let Chance take a rest there too." Lupa says, before checking the wind hasn't changed from last time. It was not likely but she checked at it hadn't. The rain now began to pelt it down, some of the flames being out out. If they weren't out soon they're have to start travelling over the mountain, and bypass the flames. It was a more long winded route but she knew the way, she spotted a mountain side path leading sort of towards the lake where the flames stopped.

"The blaze is calming, soon we can move on the mountain path and head around. I'll check it out first though, once we get up there." she says, to make sure they knew she had it planned out. Now everyone was heading to a safer place than here she began to follow after them all, everyone was infront of her.

The Thunder and lightning had stopped and only a few trees remain alight, she hopes the heavier ran will stop it. Lupa trusts in the weather, she stops for a moment. Looking back, a trail of blood follows her from her wound. She ignores it and shakes her head, It doesn't matter... Just keep going, check on arrival. she looks back and carries on walking up the hill after everyone else.

Once the troop of wolves arrives the flames burn down, only a tiny bit of smoke remains. Lupa let's out a cough after her close contact with the flames. "I'll check out the mountain path, you guys go up to the open, there's a stream on the top of the mountain, get a drink or something. I'll be back shortly." She sets off on her trek, the path is stable. Only one small jump halfway and a clear run down. She heads back up to report this to the group.

[I'm going to say that the fire stops soon, no one is really being active]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:12 pm

{ Maybe the reason no one is being active is because this is going entirely too fast. Only 5 of us participated in the bear attack, which is fine because there was a deadline, it happens. But there wasn't any time for everyone to regroup and continue on with the mission before the fire happened. Not to mention only one more person got to join. I figured the events were meant to spice things up when the mission was lagging. People on the WolfQuest forum are coming, and now they've missed two of the events everyone has voted on. I'm not trying to be a 'party pooper' I'm just saying maybe they should be spaced more to give more people an opportunity to join, but not too spaced to where the activity lags. }

Chance could not believe what he was hearing. A fire? He let out a small whine of desperation. This small group had just got over a bear attack, now there was a wildfire? His ears flattened against his head as the rain gave him all it had, soaking his pelt and dragging him down. Chance, this! No Chance, do that! Chance just wanted to go home at this point. This group was in absolute need of a leader. Koa had said she was somewhat of a leader, but now the Sentry understood why alphas- or even group leaders- were important. Everyone wants to be the one to take a stand, Chance understood that, but now was not the time for bickering and butting heads on who's right and who's wrong.

He gave Loup a meek smile as she offered him support, flicking his ear at her in dismissal of her apology. "I'm okay right now. This rain is actually of some use for my wound." He chuckled, when in doubt a bout of humor was his go-to. He had to admit, Chance agreed more with Loup on this one. The river was flat, and offered a sure-fire trail to follow blindly if the need occurred. In the mountains, they were sitting ducks. Fires are unpredictable, and not to mention it's incredibly hard to tell what direction you're running, and where you're ending up in the mountains. However, Lupa was not willing to budge on her idea, and now was not the time to try and throw in his two-cents.

Every muscle in his worn out body screamed at him in protest, but he could not leave Star in the cave. He flashed Loup a look of desperation, before breathing out. "Let's move." He told her, doing his best to follow Star's scent amidst the smoke and rain. Surely enough, the group arrives at the cave. Lupa reports that the fires have died down, but how could she be so certain? Chance was growing a little irritated at her like to bark orders, she came across to Chance as someone who felt like they knew everything, and sometimes forgot that others probably knew as much as she did. However, Chance wasn't the type of wolf to pick a fight. "Sure. Be careful, we'll be at the stream." He answered, knowing nothing he could say would stop her from whatever she had her heart set on. "Let's move, again." He told Star and Loup.
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:58 pm

[I definitely agree with Chance. We didn't even have time to settle down and sleep before the fire started. I introduced the thunderstorm with the idea that it would take time for the lightning to start and longer for the fire, but I was mistaken for bringing it in so soon. I will keep that in mind for later–we all could have used a respite. Let's try as a group to keep some aspect of the fire going for a bit so everyone (especially Star and Seyes) can get their words in. I will not start my event until we are in the bay and rested.

@Lupa: I didn't see anything about wind direction in your posts and used the opening. However, I did stretch your facts with the shrubs.]

"Sure. Be careful, we'll be at the stream. Let's move, again." Chance was saying.

Loup was grateful for his calm attitude and attempts at humor. For her part, she was ready to bite someone. She took a few steps over to check on Star. The other female looked exhausted–like the rest of them–and smelled faintly of singed fur. Otherwise Loup thought she seemed okay.

"You ready?" she asked. "Not that much further. Just the stream. Come on."
She had never been very good at sweet talking, but neither did she want to be rude to Star. Nudging the pale wolf, Loup backed out of the cave. Returning Chance's worried look, she moved ahead to look for a good way down. The rocks were slippery with rain, not to mention how the smoke and glaring fire obscured her vision. Careful to take it once stride at a time, Loup kept glancing back at the others to make sure they saw where it was safe to put their paws. After a few steps she stumbled upon a game trail. It was probably how the deer, with their delicate feet, had gotten up here. The path was not perfect, but it made for much easier going than bare rocks.
"Over here!" she called, then dropped back. Loup was tired of feeling conflicted over who was leading. It would need to be sorted out, but for now all she wanted was to be an equal among friends.
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:17 pm

[True, let's leave a long break between the next one, it was the highest voted.

Sorry you posted right before me, Loup. Hope our posts comply. And I've made it so the fire continues, the rain will go and a little was still alight.
I had originally but when I edited I accidently removed it, oops!]
{ Sorry if I am bringing Lupa across wrong, she doesn't think she is a "know it all" like she is supposed to be a good leader and selfless I'm pretty new to roleplay XD }

As Lupa returns she says to Loup, "The mountain path continues but is unstable, I'm not entirely sure if the fire is 100 per cent out but you are right we do need to move. Either up to the top of the mountain or dash to the lake. Shall I scout out the river path?" she says trying to get some imput from the pack, leading is not all about you, the pack helps too. But at that moment the mountain was the best refuge but we had to keep moving. She knew all this and would never go against it. Pack life was important and she knew that protecting them was the most important thing of all, along with survival anf thriving.

The rain began to slow down meaning if a small fire remained it had time to return and if suddenly lots of sunlight came there was a chance of another fire. They needed to move, and fast.

[I think this is enough words? I'm on tablet so can't find out. Hope it is.]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:48 pm

"You ready? Not that much further. Just the stream. Come on." Loup nudged her. Star pulled herself onto her feet.

"The mountain path continues but is unstable, I'm not entirely sure if the fire is 100 per cent out but you are right we do need to move. Either up to the top of the mountain or dash to the lake. Shall I scout out the river path?"

Star wasn't exactly sure about which way was fastest, or which way was safest. She had no knowledge about the territory or about fire, she had never really encountered fire.

She looked to the others for guidance.
"So which way do we go?"
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Braxton Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:23 pm

The black male came from the sentry area, his nostrils wrinkling at the scent of death and fire. The pungent smell of crimson blood infiltrated his nostrils, causing Braxton to wonder what dramatic events had befallen the pack. Was this really the safest place to be? He let out a hmph, tracking the scents at a fast speed and coming face to face with a receding fire. He quickly sidetracked around it, his eyes scanning the area. The amber-eyed male's gaze landed on wolves, scaling the mountain in the dripping rain. A recipe for disaster, surely. So far, he believed  the only sane wolf in this pack was the rickety, old leader. He began padding up the slippery mountain, feeling the rough pads of his paws grip the slippery rocks, needing to pause occasionally to scrabble for purchase on them. He began bounding up the mountain, digging his paws into any area he could find that they could push off of. Braxton drew closer to the wolves, reaching for his breath with raspy drags. He came across an injured male ( Chance ) and a strong, seemingly irate female ( Loup ). He spotted other wolves further up the worn game trail, wincing at the imminent danger of the situation. 'Hello?' he puffed, raising his voice above the whipping wind and shivering as the rain sliced through his dense fur. 'Koa sent me here, I followed the scent trail of the other female,' ( Lupa ). Braxton hoped that these wolves had at least some sense left in their head, and could realize quickly enough that he was friend, not foe.
Braxton
Braxton
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:33 pm

[I believe our posts concur just fine. Looks like things are sorted out.]

Loup whipped her head around at the sound of a new voice. Her mind had been occupied with debating Star's excellent question and she hadn't noticed the other wolf arrive. Normally she would have flinched, snarled, or challenged him. Today, however, all her normal emotions had been turned on her head. She wasn't offended at such an unexpected arrival–she was grateful. If things kept up at this rate they would need all the backup they could get. She peered at him though the haze of rain and smoke.
"Koa sent me here, I followed the scent trail of the other female," the new comer said.
"Hey." she replied "Welcome aboard."
She didn't have the energy to say more. The wind was chilling her to the bone and she was beginning to regret not going hunting, as had been suggested a while ago. Looking at Lupa, who seemed to have refocused, Loup considered their options. At this point they looked equally dreary. She was tired of squabbling, but she had to choose.
"I vote river. Some path is better than none. Besides, I'm ready to get out of this place. You guys? And... whatever we choose, let me do some scouting. I'm not hurt, Lupa, and you need some rest. You have able bodies here–use them."
Loup
Loup
Council Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:44 pm

[Cool, thanks for the co operation XD]

As a new scent comes by Lupa whips her head around, "Koa sent me here, I followed the scent trail of the other female." the black male says. "Glad to have more troops, I'm Lupa. Nice to meet you, and you are?" she says wondering who this wolf was.
"I vote river. Some path is better than none. Besides, I'm ready to get out of this place. You guys?" Loup says, her words are true and Lupa agrees with the statement, "So do I. The river is a safer option and with the injuries its hardly safe to go on such a perilous path." she says with great passion. The rain seems to have almost stopped now, but now comes the wind. And small bits of fire left would now spread easily, "I'll lead on at the front, facing any danger first. Any volunteers to go to the back?" she says informativly. This new wolf seemed nice but she needed to know him better.

[I'm thinking as we walk down the river the wind blows some little bits of glowing wood into a tree which sets alight? So no one misses out on the fire?]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Star Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:05 pm

"Koa sent me here, I followed the scent trail of the other female." A new wolf had come.
"Glad to have more troops, I'm Lupa. Nice to meet you, and you are?" Lupa greeted herself to the new wolf.

"I vote river. Some path is better than none. Besides, I'm ready to get out of this place. You guys?" Loup answered my question.
"So do I. The river is a safer option and with the injuries its hardly safe to go on such a perilous path." Lupa added. Well I guess that's the way we're going.

"I'll lead on at the front, facing any danger first. Any volunteers to go to the back?"

"I'll volunteer." I piped up, wanting to help. I waited to get going.
Star
Star
INTERMEDIATE Caretaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:17 pm

"I'll volunteer!" Star suddenly said, piping up. "Thank you, Star. Make sure everyone stays in the group." Lupa says to the white wolf, before adding, "Off we go, unless anyone has any objections?" Lupa does not want anyone to stay silent if they have something to say. This would mean not enough pack input to the decision, a bad move for the whole group. This journey was important if it failed so would the mission, this had to go right, for the pack. Lupa knew the importance of the tiger not leaving and they were running out of time. "Our pace better speed up, the tiger must not move, as Koa said." she says, trying to enforce the urgancy of the decision.
The rain now stopped but strong winds begin to blow, from downwind now. Meaning any remaining fire debris would be blown this way, "The wind has now changed to downwind, bringing any fire debris towards us. We should move quickly." she said, informing them of the change.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:35 pm

{ It is sometimes hard to maintain a steady rhythm of posting at least 100 words. But do remember that is one of the requirements. c: It's what keeps me going lol.}

Chance took in each suggestion with an open mind. Lupa again being the first to bark out orders, but he had to admit he admired her determination. His ears flicked between each disgruntled voice that offered a suggestion, but his mind began to focus on the fact that the longer they stand discussing, the more smoke they inhaled. Chance was caught by surprise at hearing Loup's voice pick up, his eyes glinted with curiosity as she suggested an opposite plan. Chance nodded his head in agreement, following the river would serve two purposes - following a path, and heading in the direction of the tiger.

Chance cocked his head at the next thing to happen. Lupa agreed with Loup, this alone was the cause of the small grin on his maw, but once again Lupa was all for taking the lead. Chance shook his head, and let out a congested sounding cough to clear his throat- the smoke inhalation was beginning to effect him. "Lupa, I admire your desire to lead and take action. But I find it wise to let Braxton lead us on this one. He is fresh, the smoke inhalation has not altered his breathing yet. He has not wore his body fighting a bear, and he has no injuries." He stated firmly, hoping the headstrong female would listen. "It's okay to take a breath, Lupa. No one here will think you're weak. Trust me, you've proven your worth." He said more light-heartedly, touching his nose to her shoulder. However he did agree that this was urgent, and action needed to be taken fast before anything worse happened. What could be worse? "Braxton, would you be up to lead?" He asked the most recent wolf who had joined the group.
Chance
Chance
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Seyes Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:41 pm

"Can I follow second?" Seyes asked, wishing to integrate himself into the group as fast as possible, "I have found that a second pair of eyes in the front of the group is usually conducive to increasing the awareness to threats. Not to mention that I can hold my own in a fight."

Without receiving an answer Seyes moved up to the second position in the group, he didn't see any firm leader in this particular group and wanted to be there to take charge if someone slipped up.

Not one to immediately take charge, Seyes lets others take charge until he sees they are struggling with a decision he has a sure fire solution to.

Now in place, he waited for confirmation to be in the position.

Seyes
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:58 pm

{ My last post before bed maybe I may post a couple more... }

"Lupa I admire your desire to lead and take action. But I find it wise to let Braxton lead us on this one. He is fresh, the smoke inhalation has not altered his breathing yet. He has not wore down his body fighting a bear and has no injuries," Loup quite rightly suggested, "Its okay to take a breath, Lupa. No one here will think your weak. Trust me you've proven your worth." the large Sentry said. He spoke quite correct but Lupa had never had a wolf compliment her like this. Not since she was in her old pack anyway. As he touches my shoulder I flinch slightly, its covered in blood and my black fur now has red and brown mixed in. She ponders for a moment, knowing her answer just not how to phrase it, she then says, "You are correct, if Braxton wishes to lead he may. I will follow closely behind," she pauses thinking about the next bit of speech. She had saved Loup and defeated the bear, risked her life a lot of times and sensed a fire, and led them to the imidiate safety, she still felt after all this that this had not meant anything to some of them. She just wants to feel accepted, and Chance made her feel  that way. "I guess." she said, looking to the floor, wishing her parents were here to see her progress. They always said she was a good leader, now she knew what they meant. She walked closer to Loup anr circled him before standing herself alongside him, "Walk alongside me?" she asked him quietly.

"Can I follow second? I have found that a second pair of eyes in the front of the group is usually conducive to increasing the awareness to threats. Not to mention that I can hold my own in a fight." Seyes says and moves to the front, "Yes, its nice to have new member do it anyway. Like I said I'll be close behind." she replies.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Seyes Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Seyes got his reply, "Yes, its nice to have new member do it anyway. Like I said I'll be close behind." He didn't know this individuals name, but he felt that they perceived themselves as the leader.

"Thanks, I don't need someone to cover my rear but I appreciate your being there." Seyes said with a slight inflection of defiance. He was testing the wolf, trying to gauge if his intuition was correct. His attention shifted to the mission. Thinking of this 'tiger' he wondered what it was. How it stacked up against him, how it stacked up against all these wolves. He hadn't a clue about the size, power, or ferocity of the creature. He hesitated to ask, for fear of seeming ill informed, but his curiosity got the best of him. "So, this tiger....what is it? I haven't heard of them until I came here. What should I be looking for?"

Seyes
GREEN Sentry

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Lupa could see what the wolf was trying to do... It was testing her, "I'm Lupa, and no I do not consider myself as the leader, Koa is that. I am just guiding, I'm not here to cover your rear I'm here to watch the fire making sure we all stay safe. And I'm also a good fighter so I stay near the front in case of another bear." she says with a slight smirk. As she stood behind Seyes and Braxton the wind oncr again began to pick up. This was worrying Lupa. Seyes then asked, "So this tiger.... what is it? I haven't heard of them until I came here. What should I be looking for?" this question surprises Lupa seen as they were not yet travelling to the bay, only downriver away from the flames. "The tiger is not in the place of mirrors. You need not look out for it. Its an orange large cat, powerful. It has large black eyes with black stripes on its orange pelt. It has a slight mane which is larger on a male than a female. They have large fangs and are much larger than a wolf." she tried to explain as best she could with the pain of her chest not helping. No one was even attempting to leave so she barked, to try and fight over the wind once again, "We best get going, the winds picking up." before nodding at the others and waiting for Braxton and Seyes to head off.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Braxton Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:24 pm

Braxton afforded the other wolves a surprised glance, before quickly regaining composure and drawing himself back up to his full height. He caught his breath, looking around and making sure everyone was ready to go. 'I'm leading? Alright, and I'm Braxton, nice to meet ya'll,' he acknowledged, letting a confident smile cross his features. The rain and wind was now battering the wolves forward, so he started on his way, making sure he stuck close to the rise of the mountain, rather than on the edge of the game trail. 'Be careful about the sides of the game trail,' he called, 'make sure you go in single file, unless injured. The path is weak and slippery on the edges, and you could go for a tumble into the fire below,' he said, seriously. He stopped to look back, checking that everyone was okay. 'If someone could tell me where exactly to head, that'd be great,' he mused , letting a touch of humor color his voice. 'I heard stream when I headed up this way, and I can smell the game that gathered near it, so it won't be too hard to find.' he informed them, feeling rather strange to be in an authoritative position again.
Braxton
Braxton
GREEN Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:55 pm

[Fyi Braxton, we decided on the river path.]

As we head off Lupa walks alongside Chance, hoping to make some conversation. For a few moments they are silent, as Braxton speaks. "If someone could tell me where exactly to head that'd be great," Braxton says and Lupa replies, "Just follow the river, you'll reach a lake and we can stop there."

As they walk down the forest covered river path Lupa looks at her surroundings. Suddenly a glowing bit of wood blows infront of her face, touching a tree. "RUN!" she shouted and nudged Chance to go, "The fire has started again!" she yells over the top of the tree that is burning above her head. She realises one of the branches is about to fall, she backs off and pushes Chance forward out of the way. The tree branch falls into the water, narrowly missing them both. "Go around the branch, one by one then follow the others. I'll come after you." if any of them weren't going to get through itd be her. She'd just go the long way around the mountain.

[Brought the fire back! And a bit of action I guess?]
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum